Benefits of the Safechase Lure System
Some of the many benefits over the traditional cable and live electric contact systems include:
- Countless savings based around revenue loss due to failures as all tracks are supplied with 2 Safechase™ Greyhound Lures and they are interchangeable in a matter of minutes in comparison to the traditional systems where a failure could see the loss of a whole race meeting.
- A reduction of up to 50% in maintenance and operational costs over 5 years.
- Removes the safety and animal welfare issue of a 70km/h cable failure at the perimeter of the track.
- Reduced infrastructure for new tracks by not requiring cable rollers every 3m and avoiding 3 phase power demand for a 30-45kW electric motor.
- Less track length and therefore capital required for straight tracks due to the minimal run-up required for acceleration and braking.
- Safechase™ Greyhound Lure can navigate tight rail curves of down to 14m radius without jeopardising acceleration rates meaning limited land required for straight track run-ups.
- Infrastructure is safe from vandalism as the Safechase™ Greyhound Lure is easily removed from the track at the end of each race day.
- Allows easy use of the inner oval/space where available or required.
- The Safechase™ Greyhound Lure system uses approximately 87% less energy than the cable system which saves on running costs and delivers a reduced carbon footprint.
- Clean operation with no rail or track contamination (grease).
- Future options utilising the on-board power supply for lure cam (live broadcasting), artificial noise and additional lighting.