Features of the Safechase Lure System
The Safechase™ Greyhound Lure system has had safety at the forefront of every design decision especially for the greyhounds that chase it – hence the name. The Safechase™ Lure features the following:
- Advanced lightweight high capacity lithium battery pack which can safety complete up to 50 races (32km) with approximately 30% battery life remaining.
- Charge the battery pack from 30% to full in approximately 3.5 hours with the standard charger or approximately 2 hours with the rapid charger.
- Quick-change battery docking system that takes less than a minute to change a battery.
- Optimised rail guide wheel arrangement for low rolling resistance meaning increased battery life and rapid acceleration.
- Control system designed to have a similar feel of operation to traditional greyound lure systems for ease of driver training and transition.
- Operate the remote control on battery for up to 20 hours per charge or with a direct plug pack into a standard wall socket.
- Programmable auto-start feature to match individual track requirements.
- Internal data logging system for tracking run time and total distance travelled.
- Secure and reliable radio system with dual high gain antennas which provides a safe 500m range.
- Regenerative braking embedded into the control system (a brake that converts the kinetic energy into extended battery life)
- Remote-controlled hydraulic emergency brake with an adjustable braking force which is capable of safely stopping the lure from race speed (66km/h) in less than 30m.
- Automatic brake activation for the end of straight tracks.
- Remote-controlled high intensity LED locality lighting for assistance with poor visibility on bad weather days.
- Robust design to handle the varied Australian climatic conditions and exposure to rain and sand kicked up by racing greyhounds.
- End of straight track emergency impact buffers successfully tested to 70km/h.
- Fully customisable lure arm dependent on the individual greyhound track requirements.
- Can be retrofit to any Australian rail but can also be customised if an alternative rail profile has been utilised.